STOW AWAY In-Wall Ironing Board, White
Item#: 18100-1 | Customer Reviews: 3 of 5 (4 reviews)
The closed cabinet measures 47.75 inches high, 15.75 inches wide, and 7.75 inches deep uninstalled. It installs 3.5 inches into the wall and protrudes approximately 4 inches from the wall. The ironing board opens 11 inches from the bottom of the cabinet. Installed according to manufacturer's instructions, the ironing board will be 36 inches off the floor, with a built-in height adjustment that can raise it 2 more inches (for a 38-inch high ironing board). If a different height is required (or preferred), adjustments must be made to the installation cutout height BEFORE the cabinet is installed.
- In-wall ironing board cabinet installs in the wall between 16-inch on center studs
- Finished white surface is ready to install and display
- Door can install to open left or right
- 180° swiveling ironing board surface
- 2 insternal storage shelves with heat resistant plates on upper shelf
- Ironing board opens 11 inches above bottom of cabinet
- Board's height adjusts 2-inches after installation
- Iron resting place at rear of ironing board platform
- Comes with cover and pad with NANOMAX stain and scorch coating
- 47.75 inches high, 15.75 inches wide, and 7.75 inches deep
47.75h x 15.75w x 7.75d inches
121. x 40.0 x 19.6 cm
Board recesses 3.5 inches into the wall.
41 x 11 3/4 inch
104.1 x 29.8 cm
Cabinet Opened and Board Out:
28.5"w (door open) x 44.5" from wall (ironing board extended forward)
|WARNING: For California Residents
The State of California has determined that this product can expose you to chemicals including formaldehyde (gas), which are known to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm. TSCA Title VI Compliant for formaldehyde California 93120 Compliant for formaldehyde, Phase 2. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/furniture.
13.25 w x 5.375 d inch
*shelves are shallower than cabinet
Top Shelf: 4.375"d x 12"h
Bottom Shelf: 3.5"d x 16"h
Board height (as measured from bottom exterior of cabinet):
A dynamic board!
180 Degree Rotation
The Stow Away® In-Wall Ironing Board rotates a full 180 degrees; 90 degrees to left and 90 degrees to the right.
Adjustable Board Height
With a simple lift, guide and glide, your board height adjusts approximately two inches for a more comfortable ironing experience. Tailored to your height!
You have a great deal to say about how high your ironing board will be. The board has two internal height settings, to accomodate different users. And because you choose how low or high the cabinet is when installed in the wall, you have evey more control.
Replacement Pads and Covers
The STOW AWAY In-Wall Ironing Board comes with a pad and cover. These replacement pads and covers can be purchased separately. Cover features a one piece construction with a thick fiber pad, bungee cord binding and nose pocket that allows for an easy installation and perfect fit. Fits most in-wall ironing boards with an ironing surface of 40” l x 11.5” - 12” w.
This hideaway board is perfectly sized for pressing. It has a large enough surface area to let you iron comfortably--and a small enough area not to take up too much room. Its nose fits comfortably into shirt shoulders. And, the board swivels! This means you can ironing right or left handing on the same board!
This Stow Away® In-Wall Ironing Board is the best kept secret hidden in plain sight. It intalls seamlessly in living rooms, kitchens, laundryrooms, and even in closets. The idea being, of course, that the attractive cabinet doesn't look like it has an ironing board inside. This means that you can keep your ironing board accessible makes ironing less daunting.
Sleek and stylish!
The white board has a clean white finish that blends well with classic and modern decors. It's an easy choice--perfect for those of us who are a little less handy with wood staining or painting.
The unfinished oak board is the DIY project that perfectly matches your home! The unifinished board can be stained of painted any color for a stylish stylish piece that really matches--or really doesn't. It's entirely up to you!
A dynamic board!
The experts say,
"Measure twice; cut once. AND WATCH THE INSTALLATION VIDEO."
1) Where the cabinet should go (i.e., what room, proximity of an outlet, sufficient clearance: 45 inches in front of the board and 66 across on center for full range of motion, location of 16-inch on center wall STUDS on which to ANCHOR, direction door should open)
Prior to installation, determine:
2) How high the ironing board to be. Adjust the cutout height accordingly. For example, we recommend 25 inches off the floor for a standard 36-38 inch high ironing surface.
For a LOWER ironing board height, DECREASE the distance from the floor to the bottom of the cutout. Example: 22 inches
1. Measure. Pencil sketch in your cut: 14.25 wide x 46.25 high, 25 inches above the floor (adjust +/- as desired for ironing board height). Measure again.
2. Check that sketch will end with the ironing board at the right height and the cabinet BETWEEN studs.
3. Rough cut opening into wall.
5. Install the accessory hook in the upper corner of the door, opposite from the hinges. The hook should be 2 inches from the top of the door and 1.5 inches from the side of the door to not interfere with the ironing board or cabinet frame.
Installing the Cabinet into the Cutout
7. Anchor the cabinet to the wall studs by placing screws through the side of the cabinet, under the shelves.
8. Attach the cabinet door to the cabinet frame.
See STOW AWAY In-Wall Ironing Board Instructional video
Write a review
Great Product3 of 5 Posted by: Mike on 04/14/2016
Ironing board is made of mdf board. I think for the money, it should have been stamped metal. Water and humidity will destroy this board and it is in a laundry room.
OK product, but...3 of 5 Posted by: Rufus on 11/23/2015
Overall the design is good. This unit does not take up the full depth of the wall cavity, which is good if you find a wire in the wall while installing. The front face and door are solid oak, again good. The ironing board, support, swivel mount and the side bezel are MDF, not happy about that. Steam will do quick damage to MDF. Make sure you are using a good vapor block from your iron if steaming. I removed the ironing board and supports and replaced them with hardwood. I finished the unit's finish with a gloss enamel. It turned out well. Rufus
return [restocking fee]2 of 5 Posted by: jodi on 09/30/2016
The product is fine, however, I ordered the wrong one. I am disappointed to learn that I am responsible for a 20% restock fee. I can deal with paying the shipping but not the restock fee. Last order I will ever place.
Ask A Question