165 Ft Aluminum Umbrella Outdoor Dryer
Item#: 17120-1 | Customer Reviews: 3 of 5 (3 reviews)
This umbrella dryer has a clothesline spread of 73 inches x 73 inches. Uninstalled, the center post is 75 inches tall, and the lines reach 94 inches high. We recommend installing the dryer approx. 18 inches deep into the ground so that the top lines are about 6 feet off the ground.
Includes ground sleeve.
- Outdoor umbrella style clothesline dryer with 12 lines and 165 feet of drying space
- Aluminum upper structure with 1.5" DIA rust-resistant galvanized steel post
- Completely pre-strung and ready for installation (concrete in ground)
- Includes ground sleeve
- 72 inches high (recommended installation height) x 73 inches wide x 73 inches deep; uninstalled: 94 inches high
- Folds completely for storage
- 1 year warranty
94h x 73w x 73d inch (opened, but not installed)
182.8 x 185.4 x 185.4 cm
Recommended intallation height: 6 feet (buried approx. 22 inches deep)
Center post: 1.5 inches dia. X 75 inches H
Installation with Ground Sleeve:
(1) Dig a hold 8-12 inches in diameter and 20 inches deep that is wide at the bottom than at the top.
(2) Fill the hole with about 3 inches of small rocks, then pour about 6 inches of concrete into the hole (or until concrete comes to the bottom of the ground sleeve when held flush with the ground).
(3) Holding the sleeve in place, finish filling the hole with concrete (you may leave a small gap to fill in with dirt and grass if you wish).
(4) Immediately run a stick or tube through the sleeve and through the concrete to the rock base to allow water to drain.
(5) Insert the lower vertical pole of the dryer into the sleeve, then use a level to align the pole vertically.
(6) Remove pole and allow concrete to set fully, then install your dryer.
Write a review
Model 1600: Umbrella Air Dryer5 of 5 Posted by: Rob & Sherri on 05/04/2016
Great product. Have been using a model 1600 for over ten years now. Really cuts down on use of electric/gas indoor drier. Holds robust loads of wet laundry even under strong winds, but my first one collapsed under a severe storm gust. Proper installation of ground sleeve is important so that it is true vertical and drains properly (NOTE: although galvanized, be sure to spray the steel parts with WD-40 to inhibit rust). Simple to operate; collapses very easily for (winter) storage, but can be fussy to reopen if the lines get tangled. Vinyl clothesline and plastic parts are very durable and long-lasting.
Great Product but missing parts3 of 5 Posted by: Augs on 04/02/2018
I gave it a 3 because I love it but I’m missing parts just bought it today and wanted to get it all set up for fall and summer use but missing the ground sleeve.
Junk1 of 5 Posted by: gerry on 05/24/2018
Plastic ? Plastic every where. plastic connectors that holds it together. Loose. Nothing but junk. What happen to all metal or aluminum connectors. Better not hang your clothes out on a slight breeze. You will find your clothes on the ground with those wonderful plastic connectors have failed., The plastic coated line that you put your clothes on!! Where it is threaded thru the eyelets are cut do to the sharp edges. You spend hard earned money for junk like this. Household essential Company. You must be proud to sell this junk .
Ask A Question