Organize your Home for the Holidays Checklist
Not sure how you can prepare for the Holidays this year? Whether you are having company over, hosting a dinner party, or it is just you and your family this checklist will help you organize your home, just in time for the holidays!
Here are five areas that you can start organizing within your home this holiday season:
The bathroom often gets overlooked when it comes to organization - let’s face it, it isn’t the most glamorous either. Even though it is a small section of our living spaces, having an inviting bathroom that is clean and organized is a wonderful thing. Here are some ways you can organize your bathroom:
- Shelving units to store towels, soaps, cleaning supplies, fragrances,etc.
- Wicker baskets that can be used as towel and magazine holders
- Toilet Paper Holders
Drawers tend to be a place where loose items are thrown into. Having some sort of organization in your drawers beforehand can prevent overly cluttered messes within our drawers. Here are some fan-favorites:
- Our Nine Square Organizer Tray is great for organizing sets of underwear and socks in a large dresser.
- The Three Compartment Organizer Tray is great for organizing miscellaneous items in a smaller dresser or storage space.
- Our Drawer Organizer Starter Set is perfect if you want to get a variety of sizes of the organizer trays.
Another place that tends to get cluttered is our closets. Unfortunately, these are hidden corners of the home where things are shoved into because they can be excellent hiding places. Organize these hidden corners with heavy duty closet organizers such as these:
- Garment Bags not only keep things organized in one place but they keep clothes fresh especially if you are storing your clothes for a season.
- Hanging Shelves are an excellent way to organize lightweight items such underwear, socks, beanies, and the like.
- Compact Storage tables are a smart way to organize shirts and pants within your closet.
Do you feel like you can never keep your shoes all in one place? It may be time to invest in a shoe organizer!
- A Shoe Rack is perfect for the entryway of your home. It is ideal when you need to grab a pair of shoes and go.
- A boot storage rack is great for the boot-lovers in your home. Boots tend to be one of the hardest shoes to store since they come in all different shapes and sizes. This versatile boot storage rack can store ankle, calf and knee-length boots securely keeping them in tip-top shape!
- The VISION shoe box is perfect if you have some shoes that you need to put away for a season. The VISION shoe box also has a clear vision panel in the front so that you can see what is inside the box!
One of the best ways to organize your kitchen is by utilizing under-cabinet space. After storing all of your pots and pans, it may seem like there isn’t any more space, but there actually is! One of the best places to save space is the cabinet door! Here are some handy ways to utilize the cabinet doors:
- Save space with a cabinet lid holder where you can store the lids to your pots and pans. This makes it easier for you to stack your pots and pans all in one place.
- Need a place to store your cleaning tools after using them? Then a door mount organizer might be the best option. Never have to search for your cleaning tools underneath the sink again!
Organizing your home for the Holidays doesn’t have to be painful. With this handy checklist, we hope we can help alleviate some of the holiday season stress. Do you have tips for organizing your home for the season? Let us know in the comments below!