STOW AWAY In-Wall Ironing Board, Unfinished oak
Item#: 18200-1 | Customer Reviews: 5 of 5 (2 reviews)
UPGRADE with the optional light kit for an outlet with an automatic timer that turns the iron off.
- In-wall ironing board installs in the wall between 16-inch on center studs
- Unfinished wood surface: stain or paint to match home cabinets
- Door can install to open to the right or left
- 180° swiveling ironing board for left and right-handed users
- 2 internal storage shelves with top shelf iron storage
- Heat-resistant plates protect cabinet from hot irons
- Ironing board opens 11 inches above the bottom of cabinet (can be raised 2 inches after installation)
- Iron resting place at rear of ironing board platform
- Includes cover and pad with NANOMAX stain and scorch coating
- 47.75 inches high, 15.75 inches wide, and 7.75 inches deep
Color: Unfinished oak
47.75h x 15.75w x 7.75d inches
121. x 40.0 x 19.6 cm
Board recesses 3.5 inches into the wall.
41 x 11 3/4 inch
104.1 x 29.8 cm
Cabinet Opened and Board Out:
28.5"w (door open) x 44.5" from wall (ironing board extended forward)
13.25 w x 5.375 d inch
*shelves are shallower than cabinet
Top Shelf: 4.375"d x 12"h
Bottom Shelf: 3.5"d x 16"h
Board height (as measured from bottom exterior of cabinet):
A dynamic board!
180 Degree Rotation
The Stow Away® In-Wall Ironing Board rotates a full 180 degrees; 90 degrees to left and 90 degrees to the right.
Adjustable Board Height
With a simple lift, guide and glide, your board height adjusts approximately two inches for a more comfortable ironing experience. Tailored to your height!
You have a great deal to say about how high your ironing board will be. The board has two internal height settings, to accomodate different users. And because you choose how low or high the cabinet is when installed in the wall, you have evey more control.
Replacement Pads and Covers
The STOW AWAY In-Wall Ironing Board comes with a pad and cover. These replacement pads and covers can be purchased separately. Cover features a one piece construction with a thick fiber pad, bungee cord binding and nose pocket that allows for an easy installation and perfect fit. Fits most in-wall ironing boards with an ironing surface of 40” l x 11.5” - 12” w.
This hideaway board is perfectly sized for pressing. It has a large enough surface area to let you iron comfortably--and a small enough area not to take up too much room. Its nose fits comfortably into shirt shoulders. And, the board swivels! This means you can ironing right or left handing on the same board!
This Stow Away® In-Wall Ironing Board is the best kept secret hidden in plain sight. It intalls seamlessly in living rooms, kitchens, laundryrooms, and even in closets. The idea being, of course, that the attractive cabinet doesn't look like it has an ironing board inside. This means that you can keep your ironing board accessible makes ironing less daunting.
Sleek and stylish!
The white board has a clean white finish that blends well with classic and modern decors. It's an easy choice--perfect for those of us who are a little less handy with wood staining or painting.
The unfinished oak board is the DIY project that perfectly matches your home! The unifinished board can be stained of painted any color for a stylish stylish piece that really matches--or really doesn't. It's entirely up to you!
A dynamic board!
The experts say,
"Measure twice; cut once. AND WATCH THE INSTALLATION VIDEO."
1) Where the cabinet should go (i.e., what room, proximity of an outlet, sufficient clearance: 45 inches in front of the board and 66 across on center for full range of motion, location of 16-inch on center wall STUDS on which to ANCHOR, direction door should open)
Prior to installation, determine:
2) How high the ironing board to be. Adjust the cutout height accordingly. For example, we recommend 25 inches off the floor for a standard 36-38 inch high ironing surface.
For a LOWER ironing board height, DECREASE the distance from the floor to the bottom of the cutout. Example: 22 inches
1. Measure. Pencil sketch in your cut: 14.25 wide x 46.25 high, 25 inches above the floor (adjust +/- as desired for ironing board height). Measure again.
2. Check that sketch will end with the ironing board at the right height and the cabinet BETWEEN studs.
3. Rough cut opening into wall.
5. Install the accessory hook in the upper corner of the door, opposite from the hinges. The hook should be 2 inches from the top of the door and 1.5 inches from the side of the door to not interfere with the ironing board or cabinet frame.
Installing the Cabinet into the Cutout
7. Anchor the cabinet to the wall studs by placing screws through the side of the cabinet, under the shelves.
8. Attach the cabinet door to the cabinet frame.
See STOW AWAY In-Wall Ironing Board Instructional video
Write a review
Great Product5 of 5 Posted by: Tinkitsgreat on 03/06/2016
This stowaway in-wall ironing board is a dream come true for us. It took a day for my husband and I to install and still need to do some touch up painting since we had to move the outlet up a bit. Thankfully, my husband is creative. Between my daughter and I pressing our clothes for work practically every day, the old bulky ironing board was constantly out and we didn't have a spot for the iron especially while still hot. We don't have laundry room so we installed this next to my closet in the master. The convenience is unsurpassed and I still have room for my spray bottles. We added a small hook on the top iron shelf for the cord once we wind it up. Love it!
THE BEST BOARD EVER5 of 5 Posted by: mary on 05/04/2016
I bought a Way More Expensive board and what a piece of junk!!!!! Sent it back and kept researching for another ironing board.Purchased this board !!! and its the very best, easiest, ironing board I have ever used. The simple design of raising and lowering the board up and down is amazing. Less working parts to break. If you want a reliable, easy to use , great price and great looks, this is the board to buy. I have owned it for 8 months and couldn't be happier....well if I didn't have to iron I might be happier LOL
Didn't find your answer? Ask A Question